Elizaveta (Liza) Levina
Mailing address: 311 West Hall, 1085 S. University Ave., Ann Arbor MI 48109-1107
Office: 459 West Hall, phone: 734-764-3235, fax: 734-763-4674
Teaching Winter 2016:
Stats 503: Multivariate analysis and statistical learning. Enrolled students can find the course materials on Ctools.
Stats 811: Technical writing for statistics PhD students. Enrolled students can find the course materials on Canvas.
- statistical inference for networks and graphs: community detection, link prediction, dynamic networks, prediction on network-linked data
- high-dimensional data: large p small n problems, covariance estimation, graphical models, regularization, dimension
- applications of statistics to imaging: neuroimaging, computer vision,
- American Statistical Association Fellow, 2016
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics Fellow, 2016
- Elected member of the International Statistical Institute, 2011
- ASA Junior Noether Award, 2010
- Erich Lehmann Dissertation Award, UC Berkeley, 2002
- Annals of Statistics (2012 - present)
- Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics (2008 - present)
- Electronic Journal of Statistics (2008-2015)
- Statistica Sinica (2011-2014)
Past and present research
supported in part by the NSF (DMS-0505424, DMS-0805798, DMS-01106772,
DMS-1159005, DMS-1521551), NIH (5-R01-AR-056646-03) and NSA (MSPF-04Y-120).
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in
this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes
of Health, and the National Security Agency.
Return to Department of