Elizaveta (Liza) Levina
Vijay Nair Collegiate Professor
Mailing address: 311 West Hall, 1085 S. University Ave., Ann Arbor MI 48109-1107
Office: 459 West Hall, phone: 734-764-3235, fax: 734-763-4674
Teaching Winter 2019
Stats 415: Introduction to Data Mining (and Statistical Learning). Upper undergraduate level.
Enrolled students can find all course materials on Canvas.
Stats 811: Technical Writing in Statistics. PhD level.
Stats 503: Multivariate analysis and statistical learning. Master's level.
- statistical inference for networks and graphs: community detection, link prediction, dynamic networks, prediction on network-linked data
- high-dimensional data: large p small n problems, covariance estimation, graphical models, regularization, dimension
- applications of statistics to neuroimaging
- IMS Medallion Lecture, 2019
- ICM Invited Talk, 2018
- American Statistical Association Fellow, 2016
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics Fellow, 2016
- Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher, 2016
- Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute, 2011
- ASA Junior Noether Award, 2010
- Erich Lehmann Dissertation Award, UC Berkeley, 2002
Current editorial boards
Past and present research
supported in part by the NSF (DMS 0505424, 0805798, 1106772, 1159005, 1521551, 1646108), NIH (5-R01-AR05664603, 1-R21-DA045146), ONR (N000141612910), NSA (MSPF-04Y-120), and the Dana Foundation. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in
this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes
of Health, the Office of Naval Research, the National Security Agency, and the Dana Foundation.
Return to Department of