Michael B. Woodroofe Collegiate Professor of Statistics
Department of Statistics Extreme value problems, functional
data, long-range dependence, space-time models
University of Michigan
460 West Hall, 1085 South University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1107
Phone: (734) 615-7299
Email: thsing at umich dot edu
- 1984 Ph.D., Statistics, University of North Carolina
- 1983 M.S., Statistics, University of North Carolina
- 1978 B.S., Mathematics, National Taiwan University
- 2007-present: Professor of Statisics, University of Michigan
- 2014-present: Michael B. Woodroofe Collegiate Professor of Statistics, University of Michigan
- 2010-2015: Chair of Statistics, University of Michigan
- Previous appointments: Ohio State University, National University of
Singapore, Texas A & M University
Hsing, T. and Wu, W. (2004).
On weighted U-statistics for stationary processes, Annals of
Probability 32, 1600-1631.
Hsing, T. and Rootzén, H. (2005).
Extremes on trees,
Annals of Probability 33, 413-444.
Bai, Z. and Hsing, T. (2005).
The broken sample problem, Probability Theory and Related Fields 131, 528-552.
Hsing, T., Liu, L.-Y., Brun, M. and Dougherty, E. R. (2005).
The coefficient of intrinsic dependence, Pattern
Recognition 38, 623-636.
Eubank, R. and Hsing, T. (2008).
Canonical correlation for stochastic processes, Stochastic Processes and their
Applications 118, 1634-1661.
Hsing, T. and Ren, H. (2009). An RKHS formulation of the
inverse regression dimension reduction problem,
Annals of Statistics 37, 726-755.
Li, Y. and Hsing, T. (2010). Deciding the dimensionality in functional sliced inverse regression,
Annals of Statistics 38, 3028-3062.
Li, Y. and Hsing, T. (2010). Uniform convergence rates for nonparametric regression and principal
component analysis in functional/longitudinal data, Annals of Statistics
Hsing, T. and Eubank, R. (2015). Theoretical Foundations of Functional Data Analysis,
with an Introduction to Linear Operators, Wiley. Errata
Brown, T., and Thelen, B. (2016). Local intrinsic stationarity and its inference, Annals of Statistics 44, 2058-2088.